Sunday, February 25, 2007
Tales from birthday land
I had a nice weekend..... I enjoyed all the birthday comments from people here on myspace. So, thanks to those of you who thought of me! On friday, David had a down day for work so he had most of the day off.... so he joined me for a three mile walk around the end of the airfield in the drizzle. Then we had a delicious cobb salad at a deli here on base that was excellent..... In the evening we met up with another family to eat at a restaurant in our local mall. I had a good time getting to know them and found that I have so much in common it was an easy natural start of a friendship. Saturday I drove with the girls down to Atsugi (another base about 2 hours away) for a cheer exhibition day and hung out with the same family from the night before (our kids were on the same cheerleading team). We had a good time and even went hiking in the afternoon. Today (sunday) we got up and went to church.... we even made it for sunday school for the 3rd sunday in a row - this is a real record for us! Then we met another family for lunch and the men took the kids to a local pool to play so the other lady and I went around exploring some spots around town. We checked out...(gasp***) an art exhibit at a community center and toured a small pottery workshop where the instructor tried to show me some interesting techniques..... cool. A happy and contented way to spend a birthday weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment